CCOA abides and follows established guidelines and policies to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. These include:
- Limited number of available patient slots
- Waiting room restrictions including limited number of family members
- Keeping waiting times short as possible
- Appropriate disinfectant protocols
- Use of facemasks and social distancing
- Telehealth when appropriate for the level of patient care
Also, Dr. Bush has restricted the type of orthopedic surgeries that will be performed during the COVID-19 crisis. Due to increased risk to patients and limited resources available at a small community hospital, complex orthopedic procedure (total joint replacement or major bone/ligament reconstruction) will be postponed until the crisis has lifted. Appropriate referrals to the surrounding larger medical centers will be made during this period for urgent cases. Same-day type surgeries and ED fracture care will continue to be performed as per CCH operating room availability. We will also focus care on non-surgical care and management of orthopedic conditions during this period. Please contact us for additional information.